Re: How to show what has been granted

From: <kennethkoenraadt_at_no-spam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:31:53 GMT

Comments are embedded.

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:15:34 +0200, "Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote:

><kennethkoenraadt_at_no-spam.hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>> Just a warning : That is not enough.
>>
>> It does not count in the privileges given to the user through roles.
>>
>> AND roles granted to roles granted to roles which are then granted to
>
>... which can be checked by the DDView ROLE_ROLE_PRIVS ...
>There You can trace the user defined roles back to predefined roles like
>DBA.
That is exactly what the PL/SQL proc. i suggested would do. Would you try to trace privileges manually if roles are granted to roles in a depth of 10 or more ?

I think you will only try it once. And then you write that package which recursively loops through the DD views in a split second.....

>> the user.....privileges can this way be buried very deeply in the role
>> hierarchy.
>>
>> Solution : Find a tool that can dig trough the hierarchy or write a
>> recursive PL/SQL package that can do the job.
>
>... see above. Usually the data dictionary can tell everything you need.

Of course. Where else ?.