Need help with clob datatype and ADO

From: Marc Robitaille <marcmarie_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 00:52:24 -0400

Hello,

We bought an application which functions with SQLServer 2000. This application is a Web application and uses ADO with COM+ objects. The COM+ objects are written in VB whereas the Web part is in ASP. We wish to make function this application with our Oracle 8i server. In the data base SQLServer 2000, there are several fields of the Text datatype. In the update with Oracle, these fields became clob. The application functions correctly except for the fields clob. Recordset contains only the first 255 characters!!!!!.
A fellow-member at works suggested me changing the client cursor to a server cursor. When we roll the application in debug, the contents of the field contain more than 255 characters but as it is a Web application, at the end of each request to the server, the connection is closed. Therefore, we lose information. I also read that certain Oracle datatypes are not supported by ADO!!!!!
 Is there somebody who have an idea on the way of obtaining the contents of this field with ADO or perhaps we do not use the good datatype field? ?

Thank you very much
excuse my bad english

Marc Robitaille Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 23:52:24 CDT