Mapping the get_hashed_value to the actual partition

From: NetComrade <netcomrade_at_netscape.net>
Date: 10 Oct 2002 19:39:43 -0700

I have a table with hashed partitions, and was trying to figure out how to figure out where my data is (for restoration from an exp).

If I do something like
select dbms_utility.get_hash_value(:my_value,0,:num_partitions) from dual;
I get a number in return, however there is no such thing as 'partition_id', or I couldn't find it. Oracle assigns fairly random #'s to partitions (although consecutive), but I recall renaming them. The only way I can see this work is thru trial and error. (e.g. restore partition one by one and see what they have in them, and see what get_hash_value returns).

Does anybody have a better method?

Thanx.

---
oracle 8.1.7, solaris 7