Will only recognize FIRST listing in TNSNAMES file

From: April <PrivateBenjamin_at_hushmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2002 11:07:07 -0700

Strange one,

trying to connect to an Oracle7.3 (I know, I know) db through TOAD or a DSN for MS -Access, we are receiving the error "could not resolve TNSNAMES". However the correct TNSNAMES are in the file and the same file is used successfully by other users.

If the db instance to which we are trying to connect, is put first in the file, then the connection works, ONLY and ONLY if the db is first in the file?????

Any thoughts,
thx
April Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 13:07:07 CDT