Re: Connecting to server using SQLPlus through a gateway

From: Jake <me_at_heyjay.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:58:42 -0500

I've heard this before, that the client starts the conversation on port 1521, but then is given a new, random port for the duration of the session.

BUT, my real setup contradicts that:

---DSL---Linksys Router + Switch ----Oracle server

On my linksys router I forward port 1521 to the IP of my Oracle server and all is OK. I can connect via sqlplus from the other side of the internet (i.e. externally).

Maybe it's the port forwarding that is helping me out?

Jay