Re: Oracle Right or Wrong

From: Mike Dwyer <bdtmike_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:42:59 GMT

Ken,

Thanks for your respone. I think you've singled out one sentence out of my whole posting and focused too much on it. If you reread my message, I thank all of you guys for helping me out. You will also read that I recognize that I'm "taking" all this free advice vs. "giving" it. ( I won't give advice until I know what the heck I'm talking about for I believe that Bad Advice is worse than No advice at all).

Read my words, I don't "demand" anything. I'm simply saying that when I ask a question, I'm looking for an answer to my problem. But in the past I've gotten replies such as, "I would never hire a person that asked a question as dumb as that..." Etc, etc. A reply like that is worthless to me. And other people in here know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm not preventing anyone from having a personality around here. But if one is going to answer someone's question by telling him/her how stupid they are instead of answering their question, then save it for someone else, not me. Keep it constructive.

John Robert's had a good point. If you are feeling high and mighty because you're an expert in something like Oracle, remember that in 10 years your knowlege may be worthless because something better has come along. If you disagree with that logic, John Roberts and I would like to have dinner with you and 15 of our closest Novell Certified friends....<g>

-Mike