Re: Why event "global cache lock open x " wait forever?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2002 06:30:07 -0700

melocy_at_21cn.com (melocy) wrote in message news:<92A2664ABmelocy21cncom_at_130.133.1.4>...
> Evironment:2 * RS6000 AIX4.3.2 Oracle805 OPS(db1,db2)
> on db2,one transaction is that:
>
> set transaction use rollback segment rbig;
> delete from aaa.t1;
> insert into aaa.t1 select * from bbb.t1;
> commit;
>
> WHEN execute statement "Insert into ....",
> process hang.
> query v$session_wait,event is "global cache lock open x "
> query v$session_event,event "global cache lock open x"
> total_waits is adding continually and total_timeouts is adding too.
>
> Help me ,Pls.
> Thx.

I couldn't find anything with this exact phrase in my personal tar list but I did find a document at metalink that might be related: Id 1329607 INSTANCE HANG WITH 'GLOBAL CACHE CR REQUEST' AND 'GLOBAL CACHE LOCK OPEN X' though it was for 8.1.6.

First I take it that this is a repeatable problem; otherwise, unless it is a known problem support will not be able to provide you a patch or any commands that will allow it to be solved.

Since your are deleting the rows in 'aaa' try placing a commit after the delete. The commit will make the pending delete row space available for reuse and make the ITL work areas in the data block where the delete is being tracked reusable. If the problem relates to resource contention or availability this might eliminate the problem or produce a different, more meaningful error.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 08:30:07 CDT