Re: Oracle 8i inastallation

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:35:58 +0200

"Karsten Farell" <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3tHo9.1599$Df7.196069409_at_newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
> > On Tue, 08 Oct 2002 16:34:10 GMT, Karsten Farell
> > <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Usually you're safest if you install the db first, followed by any
> >>tools.
> >

> > No. Exactly the other way around, if the _tools_ don't understand
> > multiple homes.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> > To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address
>
> Oops! Thanks for the correction, Sybrand. I wrote my reply from memory
> (first mistake), then checked my notes. Hmm ... strange how that works.
> Hope I didn't confuse anyone!

... well, _this_ does confuse me now. Of course, if some tools do knot know second homes, Sybrand is right.
On the other hand, concerning DS6i, I was always tougth that installing the db first is the right way.

So - what are the tool the Sybrand is talking about ? I am just curious..

Jan Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 04:35:58 CDT