Alternatives to Intermedia Context Index

From: James <thanatic_at_telstra.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 22:03:17 -0700

Hi,

We are migrating from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition and we have a keyword search on our website that uses an Intermedia Context index.

As Standard Edition does not support Intermedia, can anyone suggest a strategy to allow a fast keyword search on a single field varchar2(2000)

Before I used Intermedia i tokenised the keyword(s) and did an instr search.

ie
where instr(keyword_field,keyword1)>0 and instr(keyword_field,keyword2)>0 ...

Do you think I could just go back to this method? Is there a paticular index I can create to improve performance? Or some other soloution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
James Crockart
Carsales.com.au Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 00:03:17 CDT