Re: Online index build

From: M Hashim <m.a.n.hashim_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:12:32 -0700

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:9c96qu42j9cf1663vscc9kkub9b2omb569_at_4ax.com...
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:55:56 -0400, "Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
> wrote:
>

> Function
> based indexes came out in verion 8.
>
> Nonsense, 8i

true

> Descending columns on indexes have been
> available since at least version 7.

true

> Yes, but are they implemented differently know, but you seem to know
> better than the documentation
>
> > I've been dealing with them for 8 years and can
> >count on one hand the number of tech. support people I've spoken too
there
> >that were worth the price I pay for support!
how Presumptuous. Coming from a guy with a long trail of posting for help. I wonder. I hope you are paying a lot(a ton os cash) for support, only then I would justify your comments. Customer support is a difficult job - you have to deal with all kinds of characters, not to mention, understand their problems. I've dealt with Oracle Tech support at most 5 times in over 10 years with Oracle, and all ocassions, they have passed with flying colours.

> If you know so much better, why didn't Oracle hire you?
hmmm. Do you mean as a tech support. Then perhaps it would be fare compensation.