Re: Materialized View fast refresh is not fast

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 17:44:10 -0700

I would not say 420K small for a table. Not terriblly big, but not small either. My guess is that this is something that you will have to live with, as long as you use the "on commit" for the MV. It is nice to have the MV contineously updated, but there is a price to be paid. Entries will be logged in the MV logs when data is changed in the master table, regardless whether or not the data changed is referenced in the MV. Looks to be a limitation on the ORACLE part to me.

But, can you provide these:
1. How long does it take for the MV to do a fast refresh whenever you have an update?
2. How big is the MV?