How do I work out who I am inside stored proc

From: David Owen <dowen_at_midsomer.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:28:44 GMT

I apologise if this is a 'newbie' question that is answered millions of times, but I have searched the manuals, Google and as many FAQs as I can find and the answer does not leap out at me.

I am writing a stored procedure that will be running a fairly long job. I have a separate monitoring process that checks to see progress. I would like to store the SPID of the executing process, or some system identifier, to check to see if the thing has failed. Grep'ing through the view v$process does not help, since there might actually be several jobs running at the same time. I am looking for a nice little function 'get_spid()' or similar.

Thanks in advance

dowen

--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen_at_midsomer.org