Re: problems with oracle 8i under slackware linux

From: Bjoern Berg <clergyman_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:47:36 +0200

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 10:03:32 +0200, Mikhail Ivanov wrote:
> Hand work is required to install Oracle to not certificated Linux in
> general.

First let me thank you all for your help. I made it quite easy. I dropped installing Oracle 8i and switched directly to 9i and it works that fine. Just a little bit fine tune in the Oracle JRE, like wrong linked directories and the Client Software runs.

Now I have to fix some problems with Oracle and PHP but I think that does not matter at the moment because I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.