Oracle 8i, oltp and big tables : when partitioning ?

From: Le JeanMimi <scjm_at_noos.fr>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 08:48:36 -0700

Hello,

We plan to make an oltp database where we'll have a few cascading tables.
The "lowest" tables may end up with a lot of rows. So equi-partitioning these tables may be useful.

However I'd like to know the threshold where partitioning becomes interesting.
What's the approximative number of rows or the size in Mb or Gb from which i should partition the tables ?
(the average row length of these tables will be small, say 100 or 200 bytes)

TYA and sorry for my english =) Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 10:48:36 CDT