Re: System state dump

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 08:24:34 -0700

Other than looking at x$kgllk, you can also simply find the object (x$kglob.kglhdadr = v$session_wait.p1raw where event is library cache lock or pin). Find the SQLs in v$sql where users_executing > 0 and lower(sql_text) like '%thatobject%'. Find the sessions in v$session where sql_address = v$sql.address for the rows just found. The last step can also be done with v$open_cursor. But you have to use your judgement all along. E.g, not necessarily all rows selected from v$sql are relevant.

This doesn't work for row cache lock wait. Incidentally, using locally managed tablespace is said to reduce row cache locks.

Yong Huang