Re: Oracle 8i inastallation

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:16:42 +0200

Hi, not sure waht your problem really is, but I would have installed the Database 8i first and then DS6i as a second step, and into a second oracle_home.
Then, in order to get nte8 connect with the db, make the tnsnames.ora in both homes identical
in the oracle_homes (by copying the well configured file).

I have tested this way on W2K and had no problems.

Hope it helps, Jan