necessary privileges for loading java into Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 Enterprise database under WinNT

From: David <dfairman16_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2002 01:54:03 -0700

Hi, I'm attempting to load some Java stored procedures into an Oracle database with loadjava. The command I am using in a DOS box is:

loadjava -f -verbose -user testuser/testuser_at_dbtest

This works well when I grant all privs and all roles to user testuser. However I don't want to grant all privs, I only want to grant the necessary privs.

So what are the necessary privs?

According to the Oracle docs

http://www.znow.com/sales/oracle/java.816/a81358/02_load3.htm

the privs I need to grant to testuser are CREATE PROCEDURE and CREATE TABLE but this is not enough. Ideas anyone.

Thank you
David Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 03:54:03 CDT