Re: Trigger created with compilation errors

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 21:18:00 GMT

Steve M wrote:
> never written a compiler, eh?
>
> "Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>

>>On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:24:07 -0700, "Steve M"
>><steve.mcdaniels_at_vuinteractive.com> wrote:
>>
>>>shouldn't a trigger like this cause an error?
>>
>>Why would it? It's doing nothing, isn't it?

Conceptually, it's not much different than writing code 'stubs' in many other programming languages. I should be able to write stubs for called functions that do nothing ... to test out the functionality of my calling program. Then later on, I flesh out the stubs. If compilers did not allow stubs, then writing windows programs with all their event stubs for mouse callisthentics (did I spell that right?) would be torture. And I'd be forced to flesh out all my java classes before I could call them.

Well, it turns out, I can write code stubs in PL/SQL as well. Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 16:18:00 CDT