How to increase semaphores in NT.

From: Parag <parag_ch_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2002 10:41:27 -0700

Setup:
OS NT 4 Server
Oracle 8.1.6
five instances already running on the server.

started new service through oradim command. copied "hot backedup" dbf files and tried to create control file. Bombs off with the included error message in alert file.

NOTE:The original controlfiles had been deleted before the create controlfile statement is run. Rebooting the server, I can create the controlfile and proceed peacefully.looks like it allocates extra semaphores during reboot.

Qn: How can I get the present semaphore value and how can I set it to a high value ?

Thanks in advance
Parag

Mon Oct 07 13:04:14 2002

ORA-09341: scumnt: unable to mount database
OSD-04400: unable to acquire internal semaphore for process
O/S-Error: (OS 183) Cannot create a file when that file already
exists.

Mon Oct 07 13:04:14 2002
ORA-1503 signalled during: CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "ORCL" NORESETLO...
Mon Oct 07 13:04:14 2002
alter database mount