Re: Standby database and UNRECOVERABLE

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:53:27 GMT

M Hashim wrote:
> Does that make you any better. I personally don't see an attitude in

[insert name of your least favorite poster here]

> One has to agree with him as to the constant why? how? help me?
> questions without doing some preliminary research. Not to mention the
> REPEAT, why? how? help me? questions from the same person without doing
> some preliminary research. I've seen quite a few. Personally, I ignore the
> questions where I think the poster ought to have done his/her homework.
> Obviously,

[again insert your least favorite poster here]

 > chooses to respond to them. I feel he's trying to get
> (encourage) posters to do their homework. The guy is helping a lot of people
> on this group.

I don't think it's the "regulars" on this newsgroup who complain. Yes, we regulars do see [*over and over*] the same posts. However, it's those who come here once or twice, thinking they'll get some help and instead are (often rudely) told to look it up for themself. Sure, that's the "right" answer ... but there's a *big* difference between "encouragement" and a written "slap in the face."

What's wrong with saying something like: it's a question that has been answered before ... check google groups. If you think about it, it hardly takes more keystrokes to be nice than to be a smart alec (you can insert your own stronger statement).

But hey, some people are considerate ... some aren't ... and I ain't gonna try to change the world today. It ain't my watch. Received on Mon Oct 07 2002 - 10:53:27 CDT