Oracle 8i inastallation

From: al <grawsha2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2002 21:20:19 -0700

Hi,

I reall need help on this badly, please. I installed DEVE 6/6i then 8i, different drives (win2000). Now, the problem came at the end of the 8i intallation. The "8i net easy config" would not finish installing, it went " in progress" for more than two hours, so i basically canceslled its installation, since it is recommended but not optional. Then i went to start, programs, oracle for NT, and from there started a new "8i easy config", to create a new service, but it wouldn't connect. what is the problem?

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

grawsha

ps i assume oracle db global name is just the same as oracle database name that i chosed at the begning of the installion, no need to write the full name, like " c:\...." . i didn't touche listner config, do i need to do?? last, i put my computer name where oracle asked to put it (the computer where ora is). Received on Sun Oct 06 2002 - 23:20:19 CDT