using SAN without a cluster

From: Sreejith <sreejithkn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2002 17:20:08 -0700

Hi all,

         I need to use SAN with HP superdome servers but without using s/w cluster. I have 2 superdomes and can have a Emc Symmentrix as SAN but the company won't buy the HA cluster software. I am not sure whether the software for HA is available with the superdome servers. that is the reason we are looking for a solution. The solution I have is, we will have the SAN connected to the first superdome which will have the oracle database files while we have the oracle software on the both superdomes. Incase of failure we can physically connect the SAN to the other superdome and get it working. The downtime could be equal to the time to connect the 2nd superdome after we know about the failure. I am not sure whether this works which is like mounting the datafile filesystem on the server when there is a failure. Please let me know if this is OK or we have any other solution ?

Thanks Received on Sun Oct 06 2002 - 19:20:08 CDT