Re: Oracle 9i for Linux configuration

From: Liggs <liggs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:32:06 +0000 (UTC)

Look at :-
http://www.suse.com/oracle

But this depends on the distribution (in this case suse).

I would recommend downloading and installing the orarun.rpm package, as it has all the scripts
and you can pick thru them and modify for other distributions if necessary. ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/commercial/Oracle/ It does all the kernel stuff.

If in doubt google it with your distribution name :- Do a google search for "redhat oracle 9i"

Also look at http://technet.oracle.com/ which is run by Oracle Corp. and they have a forum
on Linux/Oracle

Regards,
Liggs