Re: How to export / Import Snapshots ?

From: MCPHEAL <mcpheal_at_aol.com>
Date: 05 Oct 2002 12:40:22 GMT

>I want to copy an Oracle Database from one computer to another.
>
>So I did a full export, and then an import (exp / imp).
>
>Now in the new database, all those snapshots which refresh on commit, are
shown as TABLES, not as SNAPSHOTS.

I recently moved a couple of databases (one was the read-only snapshot database) from one server to another, upgrading to 8.1.7.3 at the same time.

I took a full export of the source database and imported it. But for the snapshot database I didn't take any data. I imported the DDL and performed 'complete' refreshes of all the snapshots.

Worked for me - best of luck.

Eric   Received on Sat Oct 05 2002 - 07:40:22 CDT