Re: Q: Commit hangs when multiple Select 4 Updates taking place?

From: <kennethkoenraadt_at_no-spam.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:38:12 GMT

Hi Kevin,

Look in the alert log for deadlock messages. Sounds just like it.

The FOR UPDATE will lock the row(s). That is a potential source of deadlocks, and your application should deal with them.

Deadlocks is a very common problem and a lot of stuff about solving/handling them can be found out there, i.e. try searching google on "oracle deadlock".