Re: serializable transactions ...

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:08:38 +0100

I think that's exactly what Oracle does do.

I assume your original comment relates to the need to increase INITRANS on table involved in serializable transactions. And I think you have assumed that Oracle uses the extra
slots to hold actual undo information.

I believe the extra ITL entry is there so that Oracle can guarantee that a transaction can use one for the current transaction, and use the other whilst rolling back interfering transactions to the correct point in time.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk