Re: Question for DBA who do both Oracle and DB2

From: Darren Mallette <darren.cuthere_at_mallette.cut_cut_cut.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 16:22:10 GMT

I've done both, but my background is in Oracle (10 yrs.) vs. DB2 (2 yrs.). I can do the setup with Oracle (database, tablespace, object creation) using command lines (svrmgr/sql plus) but I've only done DB2 using the IBM GUI tools (command center, etc..) I haven't really gotten into OEM from Oracle so from an "easy to use" standpoint, the IBM GUI tools are "easier." But I can do things faster using the command line in Oracle, and with more control. I'm sure if I had time to learn the corresponding DB2 commands, I could make the same statement. For me, it comes down to having more experience with Oracle, and hence being more comfortable with it.

Regards,
-Darren