Oracle InterMedia for fuzzy text matching?

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:26:39 +0200

Hello all,

I am currently facing a problem that perhaps one of you could help me to solve out sooner. The problem, apparently simple, is that there are reapeated entries in tables in a very big existing RDB and I am required to find such repeated records, there are e.g. duplicated addresses with typo errors and several differences which would make fail an exact LIKE or INSTR operators, those textual fields are in english and german (swiss german) is there any approach I could use to achieve an inexact scored matching? Would that work with German as well? e.g. IR stemming algorithms are obviously specifics for the target language.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

TIA,
Best Regards,
Giovanni Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 08:26:39 CDT