Re: Windows: Create DB creation scripts from an running instance

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2002 20:37:08 -0500

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:
> When madness struck once, I installed CYGWIN on a Windows box.

:-)

> It gives you a fully-functional unix shell, in which these sorts of
> scripts will run more or less without modification (I can never
> remember whether CYGWIN uses the korn or bourne shells... I think it's
> bourne,

You get bash and bourne. There is a Korn for windows, somewhere.

> which means that unix scripts written for that shell work fine).

Yeppers.

> I believe that CYGWIN is a free download, too.

Yeppers.

www.cygwin.com.

<FileNamedCountTable.sh>

#!/bin/sh

TableName=$1

sqlplus user/pass_at_instance << EOSQL | tee ${TableName}Count.txt select count(*)
from $TableName;
EOSQL </FileNamedCountTable.sh>

The above should run just fine on windows.

--
Galen deForest Boyer