Re: problems with oracle 8i under slackware linux

From: /dev/rob0 <rob0_at_gmx.co.uk>
Date: 4 Oct 2002 00:49:29 GMT

In article <ba03e2c.0210031451.3fc91028_at_posting.google.com>,   NorwoodThree wrote:
> Oracle 8i isnt supported on Slackware. You'll have to choose another
> flavor of Linux.

That is absurd. Lack of support has nothing to do with whether or not it will work. It only means they're not willing to hire someone smart enough to figure out how to make it work. (Or just as likely, they have smart enough people, but the suits are lost and frightened. Or that their lawyers have gotten into the act ...)

Your reasoning could be extended to say that we all should be running Windows, because <something> isn't supported on Linux. My CD-RW drive said it wasn't supported under Linux too. I've never used it under any other OS or cheap imitation thereof.

If you understood Linux systems, you'd know that anything which will run on any given distro can be made to run on any and all others.

--
  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply