Re: OT: Top post v. bottom post

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2002 16:59:57 -0700

"John Noble" <bizzdevsans_at_spampacbell.net> wrote in message news:<P3Gm9.55$jY7.5556525_at_newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>...
> "John R Pierce" <spam_at_is.invalid> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:18:12 GMT, "John Noble"
> > <bizzdevsans_at_spampacbell.net> wrote:
> > yeah, edit the original down to just what you are replying to, like I did
> > above.
> >
> > -jrp
>
> I guess my question is, why bother? By posting at the top, the reader can
> choose to scour the balance if interested. By posting at the top, we all
> just read the latest without apging around looking for the new stuff.

The problem then arises, how do you know the poster has put everything at the top until you look at it all?

> One clear advantage is it's smaller files flying about, as all that trimming
> has (hopefully) occured.
>
> (How'd I do?) ;-}

Someone should tell google to default their posting software properly.  That is, someone who they would listen to rather than the round-file contact.

jg

--
@home is bogus.
Why are so many places suddenly top-post-flaming again?