Re: SQL SERVER with ORACLE - More correctly detailed

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:47:57 -0500

The full feature list for OMWB and SqlServer states:

The Migration Workbench release 9.2.0 is a wizard-driven tool. It is composed of core features and Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase Adaptive Server migration specific features. The Migration Workbench allows you to:

Migrate a complete Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase Adaptive Server database to an Oracle9i or Oracle8i database.

Migrate groups, users, tables, primary keys, foreign keys, unique constraints, indexes, rules, check constraints, views, triggers, stored procedures, user-defined types, and privileges to Oracle.

Migrate multiple Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase Adaptive Server source databases to a single Oracle database.

Customize the parser for stored procedures, triggers, or views.

Generate the Oracle SQL*Loader and SQL Server BCP scripts for offline data loading.

Display a representation of the source database and its Oracle equivalent.

Generate and view a summary report of the migration.

Customize users, tables, indexes, and tablespaces.

Customize the default data type mapping rules.

Create ANSI-compliant names.

Automatically resolve conflicts such as Oracle reserved words.

Remove and rename objects in the Oracle Model.

In my view, migrating tables implies migrating data, else there would not be a separate set of utilities for offline data loading.

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 15:47:57 CDT