Re: SQL SERVER with ORACLE

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 20:44:36 GMT

TurkBear wrote:

> We have used the Migration Workbench to move entire Access databases to Oracle ( including data) and
> the docs indicate that this is the case with SqlServer as well....
>
> Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
>
> >TurkBear wrote:
> >
> >> Go to http://otn.oracle.com and look into the docs for the Oracle Migration Workbench.
> >>
> >> .

> >> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----
> >
> >Migration workbench migrates DDL. It does not replicate data.
> >
> >Daniel Morgan

> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

On a one-time basis. But the poster used the word replication ... implying a real-time or regular data duplication. This can be done a lot of ways. Perhaps even with the workbench. But the Workbench would likely be the most painful way imaginable.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 15:44:36 CDT