Re: Oracle Certification

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 19:59:50 GMT

Wayne R Happ wrote:

> This may seem to be an odd question for this group but...
>
> I'm thinking of enrolling in an accelerated program at Penn State
> Great Valley to get an Oracle DBA certification.
>
> They prepare you to take the exam at the end of this program.
>
> Has anyone heard about the quality of this program or have any feedback?
>
> -- Wayne

I know nothing of the Penn State program. What I can tell you from experience out here at the University of Washington (where we intentionally don't teach a similar program) is that no one cares about a certification when you walk in the door looking for a job. They look for hands-on experience and problem solving skills. If all you get is the equivalent of a cram course for the SAT skip it. The only thing that counts is what you can do.

Daniel Morgan
http://www.extension.washington.edu/extinfo/certprog/oad/oad_crs.asp Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 14:59:50 CDT