Question for DBA who do both Oracle and DB2

From: buckeye234 <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 17:45:12 +0000

This question is for DBA's who do both Oracle administration and DB2 administration.

Ignoring the difference in features between Oracle and DB2/UDB and assuming the most basic use of each, which database is easier to administer in a UNIX environment? I am talking about setting installing the database software on the UNIX server, creating databases and then creating objects whithin the database. Just the most basic stuff.

If you do, or have done, both, I'd be interested to hear what you see.

BTW: I have searched this newsgroup and found numerous comparisons of Oracle and DB2, but they mostly compared features, differences in the RDBMS implementations, and are rather involved. I am really only interested in "Ease of Administration" at this point.

Thnaks in advance for you input.
Patrick