Re: users in the wrong tablespace

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2002 09:01:50 -0700

In article <6dabc692.0210030335.31d3fec4_at_posting.google.com>, tpreto7_at_sapo.pt says...

>I just discovered that I have 2 users with a permanent tablespace
>index1 and index3, how can I move them to a tablespace of their own, I
>will create a tablespace for them then how to I do a import their
>contents into the new tablespaces ....
>Thanks
>Teresa

While Norman has scripted the whole thing out for you, depending on your version there are a couple of other things you may want to look at. You could simply move the objects with the relevant ALTER commands, or you could (in 9i) export the tablespace in question. You could even use the DBMS_REDEFINITION package (again only in 9i) if the objects must remain available during the move.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 11:01:50 CDT