Binding data to direct load in OCIDirPathColArrayEntry??

From: JohnO <john.d.osborne_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:53:55 GMT

I'm a novice in using direct path loading from OCI, this is a simple question:

I have a group of buffers, each containing n rows of data for a column. I want to bind these buffers to the OCIDirPathColArray. The only function that seems relevant is OCIDirPathColArrayEntrySet. Can I use this to bind the entire column buffer in one call, or must I call it for every row of each column? If I can bind the entire buffer in one call, what are the parameters? Unfortunately, the only example I have from Oracle seems to call OCIDirPathColArrayEntrySet for every row, and every column. Seems very inefficient!!

Thanks, Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 10:53:55 CDT