Re: Does PCTFREE applies on the whole block or on the block minus block overhead ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 15:58:28 +0100

Unfortunately it's neither of the answers.

Apart from the general block overhead,
you also have to allow for growth of
the ITL (set initially, pre-9, by INITRANS) and then you have to allow for row index entries (2 bytes per row in the block) before working out the percentage of the row
space that will be left free.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis