problems with oracle 8i under slackware linux

From: Bjoern Berg <clergyman_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:46:36 +0200

Hello all,

I want to install oracle 8i with a slackware 8.0 (kernel 2.4.19) but if I try to start ./runInstaller the programm runs and shows the following:

System Monitor Status

    Thread queue lock:     unowned.
    Name and type hash table lock:     unowned.
    String intern lock:     unowned.
    JNI pinning lock:     unowned.
    JNI global reference lock:     unowned.
    Zip lock:     unowned.
    BinClass lock:     unowned.
    Class loading lock:     unowned.
    Java stack lock:     unowned.
    Code rewrite lock:     unowned.
    Heap Lock:     unowned.
    Has finalization queue lock:     unowned.
    Finalize me queue lock:     unowned.
    Integer lock access-lock:     unowned.
    Monitor cache lock:     unowned.
    Monitor registry:     unowned.

Object Monitor Status

OK

and jumps back to the command prompt. I have noticed that there exist a thread in this newsgroup about this problem but there was no real solution about the problem.

Someone told me that it may help to deactivate libjitc which is loaded by Oracles JVM to prevent a timeout. Is this possible in any way??

The machine has 128 MB RAM and a swap about 256 MB RAM, this should be enough.

Any idea?
TIA