Re: oracle cpu usage

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:32:10 +0100

There are various possibilities:

One of the jobs that smon does (I can't remember which one at the moment) kicks in every hour.

You may have a forced redo log switch (e.g. with archive_lag_target set to 3600 which causes a checkpoint flush every hour.

You may have your job queue processes set to wake up and check for jobs every hour.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk