Re: insufficient privileges as sysdba 8.1.7 on Win2k

From: todhsals <todhsals_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 03:39:29 GMT

I'm really trying to figure out why anything other than connect internal will not work to shutdown and startup the database. As I understand it internal is depreciated. Isn't sysdba necessary to startup and shutdown?

Just to add to my original post, the password file was recreated with orapwd & nothing changed. The password file is being used when I connect internal. I'm prompted for a password & it only works with the correct password.

Thanks,
Tod