Re: Illegal date format...

From: Thomas Gaines <thomas.gaines_at_noaa.gov>
Date: 2 Oct 2002 16:20:12 -0700

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3D9B0FA2.2918CDFB_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Thomas Gaines wrote:
>
> > Eddie, Andrew, Mark, Peter, et al -
> >
> > Ouch. I was unpleasantly surprised this morning to find an almost
> > identical example of what started this entire thread. I'm running
> > Oracle 8.1.7.1.1 on WinNT. I'm definitely NOT pulling your leg.
> >
> > I'm researching a seemingly unrelated performance issue on a box and
> > database that I usually don't deal with. When researching statistics,

<snip>

> > > 1* select to_char(eta_date_lfdat,'dd-mon-yyyy') from sap_delivery
> > > SQL> /
> > >
> > > TO_CHAR(ETA_DATE_LFDAT,'DD-MON-YYYY')
> > > 00-december-0000
> > > 00-december-0000
>
> How long has it been since someone went to the alert logs and read them?
>
> Daniel Morgan

This database isn't in wide use here at my site, and the regular DBA called on me to help with this situation. I don't know how frequently the alert log is checked, but my most recent check of it just yesterday and then again today revealed no problems at all. Just the normal log switches and the like.

Tom Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:20:12 CDT