Re: (URGENT REQUIREMENT)?Jobs for IT Professionals in Bangalore,UK,No rth & South India.

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2002 14:32:39 -0700

tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk (Tim Kearsley) wrote in message news:<725736ef.0210020131.22229305_at_posting.google.com>...
> Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:<E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA702B9BD7B_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> > Is it just me, or does anyone else get totally p*ss*d off by all the
> > current trend for really irritating and poiintless abbreviations, for
> > example 'plz' or 'u r' etc. Those sodding modile phones have a lot to
> > answer for - and none of it good.
> >
> > Sorry - bad morning already - kernel rebuild failed :o(
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Norman.
>
> Norman,
>
> No it certainly isn't just you! This whole "culture" of stupid little
> abbreviations which has grown up with the explosion in mobile 'phone
> usage really p*sses me off too! I think the sad thing is that the
> people who use this cr*p and perpetuate it think that they are really
> "cool" (or some other such dozy expression)!
>
> Tim Kearsley
> Database Manager
> Milton Keynes Council
> (An old f*rt)

If you want to blame someone for this "slang of slang of slang", then it would be services like AOL with Instant messages Bull****** and those pretty little emiticons that drive you nuts.

But I guess we are all guilty of accepting some part of this dumming down phenomenon. I have seen plenty of IMHO's and AFAIK's in this NG. :)

/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 16:32:39 CDT