Simple archivelog question

From: Charlie Edwards <charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2002 09:55:18 -0700

I'm not a DBA, so I tend to not worry about the intricacies of backup and recovery, leaving that to those more qualified.

However, I rather suspect that my database is not in archivelog mode.

How can I tell (bearing in mind I don't have access to V$DATABASE :-() whether this is the case? The background processes in V$SESSION perhaps?

These days, is there a good reason for _not_ running in archivelog mode?

Thanks,

CE Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 11:55:18 CDT