Re: timestamp question

From: Cynthia Peng <peng_cynthia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2002 08:53:54 -0700

> You are making this way too difficult: Try these and see if they help.
>
> SELECT DBTIMEZONE FROM DUAL;
> SELECT SESSIONTIMEZONE FROM DUAL;
> SELECT TZ_OFFSET('US/Eastern') FROM DUAL;
>
> For information on these, and more, go to:
> http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/server.920/a96540/functions156a.htm#79794
>
> Daniel Morgan

What's the difference between DBTIMEZONE and SESSIONTIMEZONE? I thought it is just the source - one from database and the other one from session. If it is true, shouldn't the two return the same timezone if SYSTIMESTAMP and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP (again I thought that they are the same except for the source - one from database and the other one from session.) return the same result?? But that's not the case with my Oracle 9i r2.

Cynthia Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 10:53:54 CDT