Re: Oracle 9i on UnixWare

From: cris <veronesic_at_libero.it>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:06:03 +0200

Jackie wrote:

> Hi!
> We're using UnixWare in our firm and planning to run Oracle on
> Unixware but which Oracle version should we install on it? Oracle 9i
> for Linux or what?

Hello.
As you probably know, after Caldera bought SCO they renamed UnixWare 7.1.2 to Open Unix 8.
This product has a feature called LKP (Linux Kernel Personality) that allows the user to run Linux binaries.
According to Metalink, OU8+LKP is certified for Oracle 9i release 1 (9.0.1) for Linux. In this very moment, no certifications for Oracle 9i release 2 (9.2) is shown in Metalink.

Kind regards, Cristian Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 04:06:03 CDT