Re: Get database name in OCI or Transact-SQL

From: Cliff Dabrowski <_NOSPAM_cliffd.ng_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:10:55 -0400

All of these suggestions will in fact give the database (or instance) name that Michael may be looking for. However, keep in mind that there is no way to query the TNS alias if that is what you are really looking for.

Those suggestions will

http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/appdev.901/a89857/oc