Re: Windows: Create DB creation scripts from an running instance

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:01:02 +1000

Ok, taking it step by step:

"Casi" <casimir.schmid_at_swisscom.com> wrote in message news:1033454893.939622_at_exnews...
> Dear HJR
>
> With the database configuration assistant, you are only able to get
creation
> scripts for a new DB. But I'm looking for a script that receives all the
> current settings from a running instance. My aim is to run an export of a
> DB, create a second db with these creation scripts (with all the changes
> done since the DB has been started, e.g:
> - increases of the memory usage like shared pool or java pool size or

Surely just copying the existing init.ora would be good enough? It's got all the current memory settings in it.

> - adding datafiles (for example 4 times 500mb), but optimized to big
> datafile (1 time 2gb)

You can get the create tablespace statements out of a dummy export file. I mean, do a full=y export, rows=n. Then open up the dump file in the text editor of your choice and whip out the create tablespace lines. Hack them anyway you wish. Save as a '.sql' file.

> and then to import all the data in the new db. I have to change this DB
from
> a slow machine to a faster one and I would like to use this situation to
do
> a reorganization at the same time.

I guess I've missed the point... is this a one-off, or a regular sort of thing? I don't quite understand why a script would be needed if it was a one-off.

Regards
HJR