Re: Windows: Create DB creation scripts from an running instance

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 06:47:36 +1000

I'm sure this isn't particularly helpful, but is there any reason why you don't use the database configuration assistant to create databases? Or are you just deeply in love with the command line? ;-)

When madness struck once, I installed CYGWIN on a Windows box. It gives you a fully-functional unix shell, in which these sorts of scripts will run more or less without modification (I can never remember whether CYGWIN uses the korn or bourne shells... I think it's bourne, which means that unix scripts written for that shell work fine). I believe that CYGWIN is a free download, too.

But trying to get that sort of functionality in a boring old batch file is a bit of a non-starter, I'm afraid.

Regards