Re: What Use is OCP? Plenty!

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:05:50 +1000

Hi Norman,

I agree with all you've said.

I think that OCP and Oracle University/Education training, although related, are quite separate issues.

OCP, been there, discussed that.

Oracle training is targeted at a certain audience and so long as the expectations are realistic (no, completing the DBA fundamentals course doesn't mean you instantly become a fully competent DBA), it's generally a worthwhile experience.

The instructor however is an important variable.

And yes, it's a touch on the pricey side.

That said, I have no hesitation recommending the training. It's the popping off the next day and passing the corresponding certification exam that's all a bit of a worry :o)

Cheers

Richard